Gasoline and oil prices are at their highest levels in the past two years; which is causing people to freak out and/or speculate just how bad this situation is about to get. $4.00 per gallon for regular unleaded is what we should expect as the norm in the coming days. I’ve even heard that we will see $5.00 per gallon in 2011. I don’t know about you all but these gas prices are killing me, especially since my car requires premium fuel. So what can we do? For one, I’m seriously considering riding my bike from the 5th grade with streamers, glitter, and basket- it’s economical and will definitely help me in my endeavor to achieve my awesome bikini body. But before I get to that point, I will remind you of some basic tips & tricks that you may have forgotten:
1. Speeding and braking wastes gas, so slow down. According to Fuel Economy, aggressive driving can “lower gas mileage by 33 percent at highway speeds and by 5 percent around town”. Driving sensibly can save you between $.17-$1.12 per gallon.
2. Clean out your car. Simply said, excess weight = wasted gas. For every 100 pounds you remove from your car, you get 2% more gas mileage.
4. Car Pool/ Telecommute (if you have that option)
5. Keep Tires Inflated Properly
6. Use Cruise Control on the Highway
7. Use A/C on the Highway (rolling your windows down causes air drag which forces the car to work a little harder and decreased fuel economy)
8. Use your GPS!! It helps you not waste gas from getting lost and often has a “shortest route” option in your device settings.
To FIND THE CHEAPEST GAS NEAR YOU
TO FIND THE CHEAPEST GAS IN A RAH CITY
OTHER HELPFUL LINKS
Like what you saw? Share the knowledge with the “share” buttons below.
Subscribe via email or RSS Feed for FREE updates.